House painting is a great way to revitalize the look of your house, improve curb appeal, and prevent grime from building up on your property. However, external house painting can be tricky, and to avoid any issues, we recommend hiring professionals for the project. If you are contemplating attempting to paint your house on your own, here are a few things you need to know.
- Paint Doesn’t Stick to Dirt – Paint will not adhere to dirt or rough surfaces. You must thoroughly clean and remove any dirt or other contaminants before painting. We even recommend sanding the more uneven surfaces to ensure the paint will last.
- Painting Can Be Messy – It’s easy to remember to cover up furniture and belongings when painting indoors, but painting is just as messy outside. Protect your shrubs, garden, and walkways by covering them with a tarp.
- Don’t Forget the Primer – The best way to ensure your external house painting will be successful is to start with a primer. Primer will help the paint adhere and last longer.
- Paint From Top to Bottom – When painting the exterior of your house, it is good practice to start at the top and work your way down. This will help remove drips and any problems that may arise.
- Hire Professionals for Guaranteed Success – External house painting is a big job. You need to be aware of many details and issues you should plan for. Hiring a professional painting company can help prevent many problems and ensure that your house painting project goes smoothly and successfully.
If you are considering external house painting, we can help. Give us a call today, and we’ll be happy to answer your questions and explain our services to you.